The General Office of the State Council on Printing and Distributing the Outline of China's Food and Nutrition Development
Regulations and orders
Notice of the General Office of the State Council on Printing and Distributing China's Food and Nutrition Development Outline （2014-2020）
The State Council issued （2014） No. 3
The people's governments of provinces, autonomous regions, and municipalities directly under the Central Government, the ministries and commissions of the State Council, and the agencies directly under the State Council:
The “China Food and Nutrition Development Outline （2014-2020）” has been approved by the State Council and is now printed and distributed to you. Please carefully implement it.
Office of the State Council
January 28, 2014
Outline of China's Food and Nutrition Development （2014-2020）
In recent years, the comprehensive production capacity of agricultural products in China has been steadily increasing, food supply and demand have been basically balanced, food safety has been generally stable, residents' nutritional health has improved significantly, and food and nutrition development has achieved remarkable results. However, China's food production can not meet the needs of nutrition. Residents' lack of nutrition and surplus, lack of knowledge of nutrition and health must be given great attention. To ensure the effective supply of food, optimize the food structure, and strengthen the nutritional improvement of residents, this outline is formulated.
First, the overall requirements
（a） The guiding ideology.
Taking Deng Xiaoping Theory, the important thinking of the 'Three Represents' and the scientific concept of development as the guide, and complying with the new expectations of the people of all nationalities for a better life, the main task is to ensure effective food supply, promote balanced development of nutrition, and coordinate production and consumption as a whole. Focusing on key products, key regions, and key populations as a breakthrough, we will focus on promoting the transformation of food and nutrition development methods, and strive to create a good social practice of implementing strict conservation and anti-waste, and strive to improve the people's health, and provide important support for building a well-off society in an all-round way.
（b） Basic principles.
Adhere to the same amount and quality of food. Implement a national food security strategy that focuses on me, bases on the domestic market, ensures production capacity, moderate imports, and supports science and technology. While paying attention to the quantity of food, it also pays more attention to quality and quality and safety, strengthens the research, development and promotion of high-quality special new varieties, improves the proportion of high quality foods, and achieves unity of food production quantity and structure, quality and benefits.
Adhere to the coordinated development of production and consumption. Give full play to the role of the market mechanism, guide the rational consumption of food with the concept of modern nutrition, gradually form a modern food industry system based on nutrition demand, and promote the coordinated development of production, consumption, nutrition, and health.
Adhere to the organic unity of inheritance and innovation. Heritage in order to plant-based foods, animal food supplement tradition of fine meal, to protect dietary patterns with regional characteristics, innovation and prosperity Chinese food culture, learn the advantages of foreign reasonable diet, to enhance scientific and technological support level of dietary nutrition.
Adhere to the effective combination of guidance and intervention. Popularize public nutrition knowledge, guide scientific and reasonable diets, prevent and control nutritional diseases, and adopt differentiating interventions to improve food and nutrition structure for different regions and different groups of people.
（c） Development goals.
Food production target. Ensure that grain is basically self-sufficient and food rations are absolutely safe, improve food quality comprehensively, optimize the structure of varieties, and steadily increase food supply capacity. By 2020, the country's grain output will remain stable at over 550 million tons, and production of oil, meat, eggs, milk, and aquatic products will develop steadily.
Food industry development goals. Accelerate the construction of a modern food processing industry system with obvious industrial features, prominent cluster advantages, and reasonable structure distribution, and form a batch of large and medium-sized food processing and distribution companies with good brand reputation, high product quality, and strong core competitiveness. By 2020, the level of traditional food processing will increase substantially, the level of food processing technology will increase significantly, and the average annual growth rate of the value added of the food industry in the country will remain above 10%.
Food consumption target. Promote a variety of healthy consumption patterns in dietary patterns, and control the consumption of cooking oil and salt. By 2020, the country's per capita annual consumption of rations will be 135 kg, edible vegetable oil 12 kg, beans 13 kg, meat 29 kg, eggs 16 kg, milk 36 kg, aquatic products 18 kg, vegetables 140 kg, fruits 60 kg .
Nutrient intake goals. Ensure sufficient energy and protein intake, control fat intake, and maintain adequate intake of vitamins and minerals. By 2020, the national average daily energy intake will be 2,200-2,300 kilocalories, of which the energy supply ratio for cereals should not be less than 50%, the ratio of fat supply should not exceed 30%, and the average daily protein intake should be 78 grams. Among them, the ratio of high-quality protein accounts for more than 45%; the intake of micronutrients such as vitamins and minerals basically meets the health needs of residents.
Nutritional disease control goals. Basically eliminate malnutrition and control the growth of nutritional diseases. By 2020, the growth rate of children under 5 years of age will be controlled below 7%; the rate of anemia in the whole population will be controlled below 10%. Among them, the rate of maternal anemia is controlled below 17%, and the anemia rate of the elderly is controlled below 15%. The anaemia rate of children under 5 years of age is controlled below 12%; the rate of increase in overweight, obesity, and dyslipidemia among residents is significantly reduced.
Second, the main task
（1） Build a food quantity security system that provides stable supply, high efficiency, and effective monitoring. We will stabilize the area of ??cultivated land, accelerate the construction of high-standard farmland, actively adjust the agricultural structure, and increase the comprehensive production capacity of important agricultural products such as grain. Vigorously develop animal husbandry and increase the proportion of beef, mutton, and poultry meat supply. We will vigorously develop the marine economy and safeguard the supply of aquatic products. Widespread food resources, production of miscellaneous grains, woody grain and oil, etc., according to local conditions. Vigorously develop the primary processing of producing areas such as storage and preservation of agricultural products. Actively promote the application of information technology such as the Internet of Things, strengthen the construction of market networks and distribution service systems, and accelerate the formation of a modern food market circulation system that is safe and sanitary and has a reasonable layout. Strengthen the intelligent analysis and monitoring and early warning of the quantity of agricultural products, improve the central government, local, and enterprise-level three-tiered systems for the collection and storage of edible agricultural products, and enhance macro-control capabilities. We will make more active use of the international agricultural market and agricultural resources to effectively adjust and supplement domestic food supplies.
（2） Establish a food quality assurance system with sound standards, complete systems, and supervision in place. Establish the most rigorous food safety supervision system covering the entire process, improve various food standards, implement the local government's territorial management and production and management responsibilities, and regulate food production, processing, and sales. Accelerate the construction of standardized bases for raw materials, and concentrate on creating a batch of standard gardens for horticultural crops, demonstration farms for livestock and poultry breeding, demonstration farms for standardization of aquatic production, and demonstration counties for agricultural standardization. We will improve the input product management system, strengthen the supervision of quality and safety of agricultural products, and promote the creation of demonstration counties for quality and safety supervision of agricultural products. Promote the construction of credit system for food production, processing, and distribution companies, increase the punishment for untrustworthy companies, and increase the awareness of corporate integrity management. We will strengthen the establishment of a food safety information sharing and public management system, improve the rapid response mechanism, strengthen emergency response, and strengthen public opinion supervision and guidance.
（3） To build a system for the improvement of residents' nutrition that regularly monitors, classifies and guides and guides consumption. Establish and improve the monitoring and management system for residents' food and nutrition, and strengthen monitoring and information analysis. The implementation of nutritional interventions in key regions and key populations has focused on addressing micronutrient deficiencies and excessive oil intake in some populations. Conduct various forms of nutrition education, guide residents to form scientific dietary habits, and promote the construction of a healthy diet culture.
Third, the development of key
（I） Key products.
1. High-quality edible agricultural products. Fully implement the standardized production of edible agricultural products to improve the quality of “rice bags” and “vegetable baskets”。 We will vigorously develop the production and management of pollution-free agricultural products and green foods, develop organic foods according to local conditions, and do a good job in the geographical indication of agricultural products. We will actively cultivate agricultural products with regional characteristics and strictly protect the environment of origin.
2. Convenient nutrient processed foods. Accelerate the development of new types of processed foods such as convenience foods, nutritious breakfasts, fast foods, and processed foods that meet the requirements of nutritional science and food safety standards, and continue to increase the supply of food products. Strengthen the scientific guidance on nutrition of staple food processing products, strengthen the establishment of centralized production, distribution and sales systems for nutritious breakfast and fast food, and promote industrialization and large-scale development of staple foods. Develop nutrition-enhancing foods and health foods to promote improved nutrition for residents. Speed ??up the industrialization of traditional food production and promote the comprehensive development and utilization of agricultural products.
3. Milk and soy foods. We will support the establishment of a milk source base, strengthen the supervision of the dairy industry, cultivate a dairy consumer market, strengthen the linkage of all aspects of the dairy industry, and promote the construction of a modern dairy industry. Give full play to the advantages of traditional soybean resources, to strengthen the soybean germplasm resources research and cultivation of new varieties, to support the development of the domestic soybean industry, strengthening scientific research and deep processing of soybean production, the implementation process of the transformation of traditional soybean products, development of new soy foods, soy advance Large-scale production of products.
（b） Key areas.
1. Poor areas. We will adopt a combination of support and development to increase the food consumption of residents in poor areas. Innovative ways to improve nutrition, rational development and utilization of local food resources. Mobilize all sectors of society to participate in poverty alleviation and development and adopt nutrition interventions to achieve the basic guarantee and gradual improvement of food and nutrition for the poor.
2. Rural areas. Accelerate rural economic and social development and increase farmers' income. Strengthen the construction of rural commerce and trade and circulation infrastructure, extend the modern circulation industry of cities and towns to the vast rural areas, promote the “10000 villages and villages” market project, develop rural food markets, and facilitate rural residents to purchase food.
3. The concentration of mobile population and new urban areas. Improve conditions for migrant workers in the diet, to strengthen the dietary eat out personnel and the new town area guide, advocate a civilized lifestyle and reasonable diet pattern, control of high energy, high-fat, high-salt diet, reduce the incidence of nutritional diseases.
（c） Key populations.
1. Maternal and infants. Good maternal nutrition balanced deployment, focus on improving the diet of pregnant women in low-income people lack calcium, iron, zinc and vitamin A intake situation, prevention of obesity in pregnant women in high-income groups because of dietary unreasonable and caused huge child nutrition and other diseases . Breastfeeding is strongly advocated, and supplementary food feeding and nutritional supplements for infants from 6 months old to 24 months old in rural areas are emphasized, and the supervision of breast milk substitutes and food quality for infants and young children are strengthened.
2. Children and adolescents. Efforts should be made to reduce the incidence of stunted growth and iron-deficiency anaemia in children and adolescents in rural areas and to ensure the nutrition of rural left-behind children. To curb the growth of overweight and obesity in urban children and adolescents. Integrate food and nutrition knowledge into primary and secondary school curriculums, strengthen nutrition education for teachers and parents, and guide students' canteens and student nutrition catering units to guide students to develop scientific dietary habits. Strengthen nutrition interventions, increase the supply of egg milk, and ensure food and nutrition needs.
3. Older people. Research and develop food products suitable for the health needs of the elderly, focusing on the development of nutritionally fortified foods and low-salt, low-fat foods. Carry out nutrition monitoring and dietary guidance for the elderly, scientifically guide the elderly to supplement their nutrition, make a reasonable diet, and improve the quality of life and health of the elderly.
Fourth, policy measures
（a） to comprehensively promote dietary nutrition and health knowledge. Strengthen guidance on food and nutrition for residents, raise awareness of nutrition among all people, promote healthy lifestyles, and establish a scientific dietary philosophy. Research and establishment of the public “Nutrition Day”。 To carry out food and nutrition knowledge into the village （community） home activities, strengthen nutrition and health education. We will publish dietary guidelines that are suitable for the characteristics of different groups of people and regularly distribute them in malls, supermarkets, stations, and airports. We will use the main channels of public media for food and nutrition knowledge in the major media to enhance the scientific knowledge of the dissemination of nutrition knowledge. We will increase investment in the development of the food and nutrition industry and strengthen infrastructure construction such as distribution and catering services.
（b） Strengthen food production and supply. We will fully implement the “rice bag” governorship system and the “vegetable basket” mayor responsibility system, and strengthen the local people's government's responsibility for food safety. We will increase support for the production of edible agricultural products and protect the enthusiasm of farmers for the development of production. We will increase support for food processing and distribution, encourage the development of food processing industries in major producing areas, support the construction of food processing and distribution centers in large and medium-sized cities, and develop joint distribution and unified distribution. Strengthen the ecological protection of agriculture and effectively control non-point source pollution. Support agricultural production and import and export cooperation with foreign countries, especially with neighboring countries, for mutual benefit.
（c） Increase nutrition monitoring and intervention. To carry out national nutrition and basic health monitoring work, conduct food consumption surveys, regularly publish reports on food consumption and nutritional health of Chinese residents, and guide residents to improve their food and nutritional status. Increase financial investment to improve the dining environment in primary and secondary schools and kindergartens.
（d） Advancing the legal management of food and nutrition. We must speed up the research on food and nutrition-related laws and regulations and carry out the legislative work on nutrition improvement regulations in due course. In response to the outstanding problems of food and nutrition, we have standardized food production and business activities in accordance with the law, carried out special rectification, and created a safe, honest, and fair market environment. Innovate food and nutrition law enforcement supervision and improve the effectiveness of administrative supervision. We must promote the traditional virtues of diligence and economy, and form a good social atmosphere that enforces conservation and waste.
（e） Speed ??up food and nutrition technology innovation. Focusing on the major needs in the food, nutrition and health fields, we will guide enterprises to increase food and nutrition technology investment and strengthen research on key areas and key links in food and nutrition. Strengthen research on new food resource development and food safety risk analysis technologies, and increase food safety in technological innovation. Strengthen research on food safety monitoring and early warning technologies and promote the establishment of a food safety information monitoring and early warning system. In-depth study of the relationship between food, nutrition and health, and timely revision of the reference dietary intake standard for residents.
（6） Strengthen organization leadership and advice and guidance. The Ministry of Agriculture and the Health and Family Planning Commission took the lead, and the Development and Reform Commission, the Ministry of Education, the Ministry of Science and Technology, the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology, the Ministry of Finance, the Ministry of Commerce, the Food and Drug Administration and the Forestry Bureau participated in the establishment of the inter-ministerial coordination mechanism. This outline implements work. Continue to play the role of deliberation and consultation of the National Food and Nutrition Advisory Committee and provide timely advice to the government on decision-making. The provincial people's government shall formulate local food and nutrition development implementation plans in accordance with the objectives, tasks, and priorities established in this outline, combined with the actual conditions in the region.